Friday, January 18, 2008

Prince William Flies Solo

Today, RAF Flying Officer William Wales, known to most people as Prince William, flew a small plane solo for the first time.

Prince William is in training with the Royal Air Force at Cranwell in Lincolnshire. This is only his second week of an accelerated 4-month training program.

In a London Times story, he was quoted as saying, "God knows how somebody trusted me with an aircraft and my own life. It was an amazing feeling, I couldn’t believe it. Once I’d taken off, it was fine. You just remember your checks and do all the things you’ve got to do and fly the circuit. Then I was watching the runway getting closer and thinking, 'Please, please don’t mess this up.' "

The prince's flight was in a small propellor plane. His training will eventually move on to larger planes.

No comments: